Friday, October 1, 2010

I love Rouge Dior Lipsticks


A couple of days ago I purchased the new Rouge Dior lipstick in the color 296 (beige quadrille). I have to admit that I bought this lipstick because I loved the color rather than for the innovative technology behind it. But after applying it for the first time, I immediately felt the difference on my lips, a slight instant plump and a great hydration. A hydration unlike any I have ever tried, not the kind that offers a temporary smoothing effect that does not work deeper on your lips. This lipstick smoothed any lines there were and although my lips were not in their best condition, it seemed to help them appear hydrated. According to Dior’s official site, the secret behind is a new generation of plumping hyaluronic acid microspheres. Generously coated with pigments on the lip surface, they help boost the radiance and depth of color.


The lipstick had a great color payoff, the 296 is a nude beige with warm pink undertones that looks very pretty on the lips and suits most warm complexions. Moreover, it has a delicate shimmer to it and the result is so shiny and smooth there is no need for lip gloss!! Finally, I must confess that I absolutely loved the smell, a rose smell that used to accompany lipsticks in the old days.

Rouge Dior comes in 32 shades -inspired by colors of Dior Haute Couture gowns- most of which are so perfect, it is really hard to leave the stand with just one. I am sure that nobody will be disappointed in this collection because there is a wide range of shades. In the collection, pinks seem to rule, reds follow, beiges come after and dont let us leave out some pretty oranges and corals. I think that my next buy, since winter is just around the corner will either be the 862 or the 874 both of which are deep burgundy colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment