Thursday, November 25, 2010

My sweet sister's blog

Hello my dear friends... I truly want to thank each and everyone of you for showing so much interest to my new beauty blog, I hope I am doing a decent job with that!!
I have been having long discussions with my sister about blogs and bloggers and have concluded that the blog world is as hard, if not harder than the real one! One has to work hard to get appreciated and often doesnt, just because she/he fails to follow a certain path. Well, I can tell you that... I will never become a "snob blogger" as my sister calls those who dont reply to cordon questions, never thank for kind comments and are too busy to leave comments or become a follower in other blogs unless it is for their best interest. Moreover, a blog is a personal space in which we can all share our personal likes and dislikes, wishes, problems, proposals, pieces of art.... everything.....
It is not school, where we have to prepare our next day's assignment. We are not forced to put up our blog posts. We do it cause we feel like it, this is why we do it good!
And one more thing... I hate to see people copying other's posts....it is horrible! Yes, we can get inspired by others' posts but not put up posts that are identical to others or sometimes just translated....Come ON!!!After all our blog, is our world and we can do whatever we feel like, not what others wants us to do.

For those of you who dont know, my sister has a blog which is soooo pretty and dreamy, I am sure unlike most of the blogs you have seen. She is, among others, a wonderful photographer with a great sense of style in all aspects of her life.
and who knows you might even win her giveaway which is an authentic pair of vintage sunglasses!!!


5 comments:

  1. those are cute sunglasses. very chic and elegant. :) thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and becoming a follower. i'm a follower of yours too. :)

    that is so cool your sister is also into blogging. i'm going to check her blog out too.

    a for those "snob bloggers," i really don't understand them. i don't get how they say they're so busy when they actually have the time to post. if there's a time for posts, there should be a time for replying back to comments too.

    i am surely looking forward to more visits here. take care and enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jannie thanks fo following...tottaly agree with you on snob bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i followed your sisters blog :)

    i agree i hate 'blog snobs' to be honest. i always reply and follow back because its nice and its great to support others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there! Geia Sou!

    First, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment, having just read the above I so totally know what you mean...

    We're all busy people, we're just also very lazy people too! Some of us are mums with a family of 4, some of us are students who're writing out their billion word dissertation, some of us are just trying to do what we can with the little time we have on our hands to blog a post.
    It is nice when someone does leave you a comment, it's also nice when someone follows (whatever that really means) but it's annoying as hell when you get the one time fly by lovely comments asking you to follow because they've followed you, but won't actually visit your blog again.
    There are some bloggers who have gotten too big for their boots and don't reply to the comments because they get so many... I suppose it depends what blogging means to you, for me it's a community of like minded, creative and inspiring people.

    You'll love one of my fave bloggers post on Blogging- Vahni knows how to write and knock up a summary worth reading & learning!

    http://www.gritandglamour.com/2010/10/08/friend-friday-criticism/

    Sorry i'm totally rambling now!

    Enjoy, filakia too!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun, thanks for following me, i will be checking out your sisters blog too. Congrats on your 101 followers. That little 1 is me :) xx

    ReplyDelete