This is my first blog post under this category. But I have to admit that the specific product could easily fall under various blog post categories like innovative cosmetics, best blushes and other.
About a month ago, I visited a big beauty store to buy a birthday gift for my sister. I stopped by Clarins stand (which I rarely do) and saw a cute transparent pot filled with a beautiful pink gel. I had no idea what it was even after I had applied it on my hand. The product read instant blush. It looked so pretty on my hand that I just had to put it on, and I did. Guys, it looked sooooooooooo pretty on, so innocent and youthful.
But too bad for me, the instant blush was sold out. And the worse part? It was sold out in almost every Clarins stand in Athens. Fortunately for me I was able to get my hands on two pieces, one for my sister and one for me. We have both fallen in love with it…..
This blush is not your typical blush.
Imagine a candy pink creamy - gel that feels like a light vaseline lip balm without being thick or sticky. When you first apply it on your finger there is barely any color there, but as soon as it touches your skin it turns into the prettiest pink you have ever seen. The product adjusts itself to your skintone and builds intensity upon application. So, the more you apply the pinker your cheeks will get. Careful this blush looks sheer but it is quite pigmented!
- A single shade is suitable for all complexions, so you cant go wrong.
- It is totally buildable
- Perfect for a winter dewy look
- Smooth application
- Good Staying power
- Can be applied on lips and eyelids too
- Fresh face effect
- What you see is what you get! Unlike products like the smash-o-glow, the true colour appears as soon as you apply, so you will not be surprized a few minutes later.
- Hard to find. It came out with the fall collection and it is not a permanent product.
- Finger application may be tricky for some. Try dotting the product over the cheeks and blend.
- When the product is applied, it remains quite sticky to the touch until it eventually sets.
- Might not work on very oily skin
So, although I am not a great fan of these colour changing products, this is definitely a must have. Clarins makes some very interesting products (which I will review on some of my next posts ) that will make those of you who don’t really associate Clarins with innovation, to think again!